Sunday, November 27, 2011

Craft show!

Hi all...

Just wanted to share with you that I registered my business name in the summer.  I didn't blog about it because I was working on how I was going to handle things, what I was going to make and where I was going to sell.  The name I chose is "Charmed, I'm Sure!".  I found a rubber stamp with this saying on it and it spoke to me.  No, I don't make charms, still making prim crafts but I've expanded to include French country, farmhouse and cottage chic.  Prim isn't overly popular in my city and since I do love some aspects of other styles I decided to combine them, enabling me to be more creative and hopefully more profitable.

I signed up for a craft show which is this weekend; it's a 2-day show, today (Sat. Nov 26) and tomorrow (Sun. Nov 27) in the town of Tillsonburg, Ontario.  I had to be approved to attend this show as it's juried, so I sent pics of the craft show I had done last year and was selected!  I did pretty well today, sold a lot of small things and am hoping that tomorrow is a success as well.  Here are a few pics:









I'll be updating my selling blog soon so stay tuned!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Hayley, I'm curious to know how your craft show went. Is this your first big one? I myself have never got the nerve to be in one yet but would like to. I have so many things filling up my craft room that I need to offload it,lol. We have a big xmas one here in Moncton, NB at the coliseum but its about $450 to be a vendor so I would really have to be sure that I could sell and still make a profit. I"ll keep looking back at your blog. We have similar interests and fellow Canadian. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks for the comment!! The craft show went pretty well and it was my first "official" one.. have done some small ones, the $20/table ones, they tend not to make much money unless you sell food and crocheted items... lol. Try finding a show that has good attendance and is under $150 to attend. I know the feeling of crafts piling up, so try what you can. If your house is big enough, hold an open house, that way you have no overhead. Good look and keep me posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome Hayley! Congratulations on your new adventure, I know you will have fun. Love all the things you've been making. You go, girl!! =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the words of encouragement Angie! As always you make my heart smile.. love ya girlie!!

    ReplyDelete

Prim it Up! Friends: I love to read your comments.. please feel free to give me your opinions and advice, leave me a link to a related blog, or just say hello ...