Sunday, June 5, 2011

Roma 2011!

Ciao!

As promised in a previous post, I wanted to share with you some pictures from my trip with my daughter to Rome in February.  She’s in university and had decided to go visit her friend during Reading Week.  Things changed so I decided to go with her.  If you’ve never been there, it’s an amazing city!!  The history is unbelievable, and the monuments and artifacts are stunning!!!

Let’s begin the tour!  Open-mouthed smile

The Coliseum.. breathtaking!

IMG_0159

IMG_0163

IMG_0165

We did the inside tour.. Smile

IMG_0687

Yes, that’s me, I wanted proof that I was actually there.. lol

IMG_0696

A great night shot

IMG_0503

We also toured the Roman Forum which is across the street from the Coliseum

IMG_0173

IMG_0755

Trevi Fountain!

IMG_0406

IMG_0416

Spanish Steps!

IMG_0384

Love the fountain at the base of the steps..

IMG_0386

View from the top of the steps..,. the street right in the middle is the most expensive shopping area.. Prada anyone??

IMG_0397

We went out to Ostia one day, which is the Harbour City of Ancient Rome, on the Tyrrhenian Sea

IMG_0468

Close-up of the sand.. yes, it’s black!

IMG_0467

Villa D’Este, an estate in the mountain town of Tivoli, the grounds are amazing, with hundreds of fountains, evergreens etc; being February there wasn’t a lot in bloom

IMG_0596

View from the Villa

IMG_0547

Huge wall of fountains

IMG_0581

Amazing statuary Smile

IMG_0593

IMG_0599

Fabulous fountain, I love this shot with the sun shining and the water splashing down!

IMG_0610

All the handrails had some kind of fountain carved into them, love this idea!

IMG_0612

IMG_0627

There were fountains in almost every available niche on the property, love this one!

IMG_0641

The Pantheon, almost 1900 years old!

IMG_0425

Domed ceiling inside

IMG_0439

Amazing architecture..

IMG_0440

Now some randoms…

Moving day!  I saw this in Paris a couple of years ago, what an ingenious idea!  Since most of these old buildings don’t have elevators, this is the most efficient way to move.

IMG_0420

Vespa!!  This city is filled with these as well as motorcycles and tiny cars Smile  “Bici & Baci” means “Bikes & Kisses” in Italian

IMG_0441

Laundry!

IMG_0223

“Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi” in Piazza Navona

IMG_0447

The Vatican (St. Peter’s Basilica is in the middle), took a ton of pics here and in the Museum..  we were in the Sistine Chapel but no pics are allowed so you’ll have to take my word for it!

IMG_0248

I took hundreds of pics, hope you enjoyed this little snapshot of one of the most amazing cities in the world, thanks for joining me!!  Maybe I should have a travel blog.. lol Smile

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you put these on your blog even though you never come over here anymore, lol.

    Gorgeous pictures!! A trip of a lifetime and I'm so glad you got to experience this. The Coliseum at night is a beautiful place! All your pictures are amazing, such a pretty place. I was oohing and aahing over every single pic. So rich in history. You were fortunate girl! Thanks so much for sharing your pictures since I will never make it over there myself, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the sweet comments as always Angie! I highly recommend visiting Rome, it was a fabulous experience, I'm so happy that I could make it! {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete

Prim it Up! Friends: I love to read your comments.. please feel free to give me your opinions and advice, leave me a link to a related blog, or just say hello ...