Monday, May 30, 2011

Christie Lake Antique Show

WARNING – PICTURE-HEAVY POST!!

Happy Monday everyone and a Happy Memorial Day to all my American friends!!  Hope everyone had a great weekend.

I wanted to share pics that I took at the Christie Lake Antique Show this weekend.  This show happens twice a year, in May and September at the Christie Lake Conservation Area near Dundas, Ontario which is outside of Hamilton.  There are approximately 300 vendors selling pretty much everything you can imagine.  Enjoy the pics! Smile

IMG_0023

Entering the field.. lots of people!  It had rained the night before and everything was muddy and the day was overcast, chilly and damp, then it warmed up and was humid.. lol..

IMG_0019

I loved this booth but wasn’t sure about taking pics.. so I stayed back a bit.  Her prices were very high…  those apple ladders leaning against the tree were over $200.. each!!  The items were nicely redone, looked like everything was Briwaxed Smile.  Loved everything!

IMG_0021

Lots of treasures!

IMG_0022

Too many people, couldn’t get a good pic Smile

IMG_0026

Tons of eye candy!

IMG_0027

I loved this display of old doors and windows.  The prices were excellent, in the $20-30 range!

IMG_0028

I loved this booth, they had nice displays and the prices were pretty reasonable.. I asked if I could take pics…  lol

IMG_0029

Basket full of enamelware..

IMG_0030

More enamelware stacked in a trunk.. I loved the white medicine cabinet sitting on the white table but didn’t want to pay $50.. I think the bedframe on the left was only $50, great buy for the right person!

IMG_0031

Love the scooter, small table and child’s rocker

IMG_0032

I loved this display of type trays, they were a great deal at only $20 each!  Excellent price if you collect them but I don’t so I just took my pics and kept going..

IMG_0033

IMG_0034

I was really drawn to these displays of the same item.. the sap buckets were selling for $5 each

IMG_0035

Beautiful booth reminiscent of French country style.  The chairs were recovered in grain sacks; I love the effect of the rustic fabrics with the more ornate wood frames.  Beautiful!

IMG_0039

IMG_0036

IMG_0038

Who doesn’t love these old apothecary cabinets? There were a lot of these in various sizes and shapes, all very expensive!

IMG_0037

Another lovely display, these water buckets were about $25 each.

There were so many beautiful and interesting things at this show but the items that I really wanted were more than I was willing to pay.  I did get a few items:

IMG_0040

Old cheese box almost identical to the one I already have.. but this one is shorter

IMG_0041

I’ll be sanding the box smooth and Briwaxing it, or I might paint it then sand off most of the paint.. so many possibilities!

IMG_0042

Someone told me that the beige enamelware was hard to find.  This must be true as this coffee pot was one of the few beige pieces I came across.  I love the green trim and the chip on the front.  They were asking $18 for this and $20 for the cheese box but we settled on $32 for both pieces.  I thought that was pretty reasonable.

IMG_0043

Random hook I found at the booth with the windows and doors, he wouldn’t budge on the $5 price so I paid it, I love the shape and the chippy old paint.  I did come across another booth with lots of these and they were also asking $5 so I knew I hadn’t overpaid.

Hope you enjoyed the pics, I had a great day out with my daughter… makes life worth living Red heart

Have a great week everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the pictures! I want to see the cheese box when you get it done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun !Love the things you bought .I hope that you will share pics of the cheese box when you finish with it .Hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! Glad you found some great items.
    I Love that show, haven't been for a couple of years.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what great eye candy, wish I could have been there. I"m also Canadian, from New-Brunswick,although my webserver says I'm form the states its because our satelite internet provider is from there. I love your blog and will keep coming back now that I have found it. I'm just learning to redo wood crafts and to prim them up with my rug hooking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to meet you Doris-Ann!! Thanks for the comments everyone!

    ReplyDelete

Prim it Up! Friends: I love to read your comments.. please feel free to give me your opinions and advice, leave me a link to a related blog, or just say hello ...