Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Wishing everyone a healthy and happy 2011!! 


I haven't posted in a while, been in a bit of a slump.  December started off with a bang in London, Ontario, we got dumped on over a 3-4 day span, started on the 6th (Sunday) and finally let up on Wednesday.  The city shut down on Tuesday afternoon, city buses were pulled off the streets and kept off on Wednesday as well.  I actually got snow days from work, the perks of being non-essential.. lol.. not likely to happen again, as this was a very unusual situation but I did enjoy it at the time.  We ended up with about 3' of snow, it seems like more but I'd say that was accurate.  I had a huge pile on my roof, no way to get rid of it, also had a ton on icicles and now it appears that my eavestrough is bent.  I'm worried about the damage this may have caused, just hoping for the best but I think the gutters definitely need to be replaced.  The bane of being a single parent, all the expense falls on me and if I don't have the skills or connections to get things fixed I end up paying much more than other people; it's frustrating to be taken advantage of, even when I try to be careful.  Let's hope for the best!


I'm hoping to get back into sewing; I did buy a new machine a few months ago but am having trouble finding space to set it up.  I've been rearranging pieces of furniture but so far haven't come up with something that works for me.   I worked on packing away Christmas ornies and decorations last night and will once again try to rearrange things to see if I can find a workable solution and get sewing again. 


Speaking of..  no pics of Christmas decorations.. ugh, I decorated late this year and then Christmas Day was here before I knew it.  For the first time ever, I decided against trying to fit a 6-7' real Christmas tree in my house again this year and instead purchased an artificial 4' tree that I set on top of my refinished wood cheese box.  This is a very cool tree, called a Bristlecone, nicer than the typical artificial ones.  I added a set of 140 twinkle lights, just love them.  They're very tiny lights that have about 8 different settings that change at intervals.  Unfortunately I didn't find a way to keep them on one setting, maybe there are instructions to do that.. lol.   I do love the tree but found that it was somewhat hard to decorate because the bristles are long.  I`ll have to figure out a better plan for next year. :)


Since this is a picture-less post, I'm just going to say that I wish you all the best in 2011 and I hope to post more frequently this year.  Take care!

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!I was reading your blog and see that you bought the Twinkling lights..can I ask where you found them? Online by chance? I have been wanting a set of these and a gift shop that I go to had them but wanted $40 for a strand....no way am I paying that...so if you don't mind sharing where you found them that would be great.
    Thanks
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hayley, glad to see you posting, girl! We are trying to take down our Christmas decorations..why are they so much harder to take down than put up? Hugs
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is A LOT of snow, but guess you've already figured that out. So sorry dear Hayley that you have that burden. I know it has to be hard.

    I didn't get any pictures on my blog of my fall or Christmas decorating. Guess I just get behind and stay behind. Or I'll just blame it on my 3 kids, haha!

    Wishing you a wonderful year ahead and hope to see you more in blogland. =]

    ReplyDelete

Prim it Up! Friends: I love to read your comments.. please feel free to give me your opinions and advice, leave me a link to a related blog, or just say hello ...