Saturday, October 2, 2010

I’m still here!!

Hello everyone!

I didn’t disappear off the face of the earth!  Just had a lot going on.  August and September flew by so fast, I can hardly believe it.  In August my daughter and I went to Orlando.  Initially I wanted to go to Pennsylvia, to the Lancaster area and maybe on into West Virginia but I never did get things organized.  Maybe I just don’t consider it a “real” vacation unless there’s a full-body scan involved.. LOL.  I would prefer Pa. to be a long weekend type of trip so I’ll save it for that.

Here are a few pics of our trip, although I’m sure most people reading this have been there!

010

Orlando Airport.. so pretty!!

032

The smartest thing I did was rent a car!  This is a cool red HHR, what a fun car!  I was so happy to have some freedom, we were able to take a couple of side trips while we were in Orlando. 

This is our room (in the album), a 2-bed. unit with a full kitchen, 2 bathrooms (check out my Miami Vice-inspired tile.. LOL), washer & dryer, and a screened-in patio.

Having already been to WDW, we decided to go to Universal Studios.. we were there mainly for the new Harry Potter attraction.. what a cool place, but the lineups were crazy, even for getting into the stores! 

We also used the car to go to West Palm Beach, but chose Sunday, not knowing the whole town shuts down..lol.. plus it ended up raining!  

020

See the rain?  LOL.. it was coming down in sheets!

068

What a cool tree, it was such a pretty place!

008

A few days later we went to Cocoa Beach, which was much better!

011

013

The sand was powdery closer to the water.. loved it!

Well that’s it for now, I spent a lot of time digging up my front yard so I could get a sidewalk poured.  I have a bit more to do to clean it up then I’ll post pics.. thanks for coming back!

 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Hayley! I missed your blogging, glad you are back girlfriend!

    Love the vacay pictures..thanks for sharing!

    hugs
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barb!

    Thanks.. lol.. I'll try to keep up with the posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks and sounds like a fun vacation! But anytime at a beach would be fun... well maybe not if it's raining. Oh well, I know you still made a great time of it! I can so see you cruisin' in that cool red HHR... much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angie, I needed that vacation, and loved every minute of it!! That HHR was so much fun, I really want one now! lol

    ReplyDelete

Prim it Up! Friends: I love to read your comments.. please feel free to give me your opinions and advice, leave me a link to a related blog, or just say hello ...