Saturday, May 8, 2010

Where did spring go so quickly???

It really turned cold since Wednesday's little heat wave up here in Canada!!  I had big plans for today, wanting to go pick up some mulch at our local Try Recycling.. it's such a good price @ 22.13/yard and I found out you don't have to buy it by the yard, just fill up some containers and they weigh your car going in and coming out and you pay that way ... which is good, not lucky enough to have a truck!  However, they don't tarp the mulch and it rained overnight so I'm thinking that will make the mulch heavy = more money!  Ha.. think I'll wait.

I actually went to a perennial sale this morning.. braving the cold wet wind! .. as it turns out the woman selling her hand-grown plants is a past participant of Garden Gates Open.. (mentioned in my last post!!) and I think she's entered this year as well... and her friend who was visiting has also been in it and actually works at the same hospital site that I do.. and is a FB friend!.  I got 2 of one kind of plant and 1 of another.. I forget what they are.. lol, I left them in the car out of the wind.  Geesh, it's really ugly out there!

Well... no pics to share right now so hope you all have a great day.  :)

3 comments:

  1. I'd like to know where the warm weather went too. Not enjoying a repeat of winter weather here in Michigan. Happy Mother's Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hayley,

    It has been bitter cold down East also :(
    Mike was on vacation for the week before he starts his new job and we were hoping to get alot done outside but that didn't work. It rained every single day!!! Oh well, I guess it will get done when it get's done...LOL.

    Happy Mother's Day!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I know what you mean! I'm so glad we got out there and worked in the yard Friday and Saturday. Was wanting to do some more today and tomorrow but we got rain, then storms. Supposed to rain all week here. =[

    ReplyDelete

Prim it Up! Friends: I love to read your comments.. please feel free to give me your opinions and advice, leave me a link to a related blog, or just say hello ...