Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Spring all!

Hey everyone! 


Wow.. seriously slacking on my posting!  I love the nice warm weather we've been getting but it's usually during the day, Monday to Friday when I'm stuck inside at my desk and can't really enjoy it.. then I just feel wiped out by the time I get home!.  Can't wait till I get my mojo back and can get out and start working on the yard sale finds from last year that are still sitting in the shed.


Last Saturday it was really cold, we had little pellets of hard snow coming down at one point!  So I'm really hoping for some warm days ahead soon.


This Saturday I have a couple of friends coming over to help dig up some of my yard.  I ended up with another house that had no landscaping!  This is probably not a good choice for someone who's not a gardener.  I've been working on it the past two summers and not getting far!  One side of my yard is chain link fence and since I do prefer privacy I have tried to plant things that will grow on the fence or provide a hedge but it's been slow going.  I found someone selling bushy little white cedar trees for $3 a piece and went out and chose 20.  He prefers you to dig and take them but that didn't quite work for me so for another $50 he'll dig them up and deliver them, along with a maple tree I got for $15.  Great deals!!  So on Saturday I hope to get the whole area beside the chain link fence dug up and turned over and ready to take the new bushes.. hope the neighbours aren't offended!  lol :)


Not much else going on right now.  I don't have pics to post so I'll cut this short to prevent rambling!!


Supposed to go to Michigan Sunday to help my friend find some baby items.. so hopefully I'll find some great deals for me and can post them!


Enjoy the weekend, I really hope it warms up!!!

6 comments:

  1. Hey Hayley I bet your bushes will be pretty! I can't grow anything the soil is all red clay - I gotta treat the soil cause everything I plant goes into the bermuda triangle - never to be seen again! :) I can't wait to see new goodies from Michigan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're a fair size Andy.. just hope they don't die after transplanting! :S Not sure what to put in the dirt with them to get the going.. will have to ask I guess. I'll be taking pics to post.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a gardener either. I don't know what I'm doing. I would much rather be painting than planting.. haha! Sounds like you have it figured out and it's gonna look good!

    Have a great week Hayley!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha Angie.. not so sure it's figured out! I'll keep plugging away but I hate being out there when it's wet and cold.. lol.. so I'm really hoping for warm weather very soon.. still so much to do and planting season is very short!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Hayley, I have a brown thumb too..and I have dirt so don't feel too bad..hoping to get some sod down sometime soon, but first we have to dig and lay pvc sprinkler pipes and with Carl's shoulder surgery in Dec and still not having the dr. ok to do stuff like that, it just gets dustier out there, and soon it will be too dang hot to even go outside:( Maybe in the fall...oh I can dream..

    Post some pictures when you get your plants and tree in! they sound great!

    hugs
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hayley! Be sure to post some pics of your yard. I have a brown thumb so I know how you feel..
    chat later hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Prim it Up! Friends: I love to read your comments.. please feel free to give me your opinions and advice, leave me a link to a related blog, or just say hello ...