Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Travellin’ Tuesday – Cozumel!

Finally! I know I’ve been slacking but I’ve created a photo album to share with you of my trip to Cozumel with my daughter, can’t believe we’ve been home 9 days already :’(

While we were there we went to Stingray Beach which is close to the downtown area of the town. They have a fenced-off area where the stingrays live; it’s still in the sea but keeps the rays in a safe area. Barbs are trimmed every few months to prevent accidental stings and because of this, the rays would have no defences if they were out in the sea. As long as they’re not hurt I can live with it. If you’re ever in Cozumel I recommend this excursion.. the only thing I didn’t like was that they film you (and try to sell you the dvd for $50) and take pics so they don’t want you taking your own in the first part of the session (2nd part is snorkelling and you can take pics).
As you look at the pictures you’ll see some rocky areas along the shore. I rented a car one day and we drove around the island, checking out the beaches on the east side of the island. The water is just so beautiful and crystal clear, nothing like what we see in this part of Canada! One of the pics is of my foot, I was standing in the water and it’s so clear that it looks like I’m just standing on the shore. I think I could get used to that!

We also went snorkelling out on 2 reefs, one was the Palancar reef.. it was surreal looking down below the surface of the water to another world.. scary at times but amazing. I don’t have an underwater digital camera yet (geez those are pricey, aren’t they??) so I took a chance and bought a disposable but the pics haven’t been processed yet. I just hope they turn out!

I’ve also included a few pics of our resort and the beach. The picture showing the door to room 2613 was of our room. We were only steps from the beach, very convenient! One night I went out just outside our room and took pictures of the sunset, I love how they turned out!

The weather wasn’t as warm as we would have liked but the island is beautiful and it was nice to get away!

Enjoy the pictures, thanks for looking :D

ps.. post was started on Tuesday but it took quite a while for the pics to load so it didn't publish till after midnight Wed! lol

3 comments:

  1. Hi Hayley =0) Ohhh myyyyy I loved seeing your lovely pics from your trip ! And wow I'd say that's some clear water ! Your sunset pics are fantastic. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Oh and the Mexican Kmart and Target cracked me up...
    Hope your week is going GREAT !
    Prim Huggs n Blessins
    TJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. the pictures are great! I am glad you had a good time. Can't wait to see the snorkeling pictures. Underwater disposables work pretty well, I have used them before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures!! Wonderful sun and sand!

    ReplyDelete

Prim it Up! Friends: I love to read your comments.. please feel free to give me your opinions and advice, leave me a link to a related blog, or just say hello ...