Friday, February 26, 2010

New lamps!

Hi all,

I told you in the last post that I would be posting pics from my trip last week ….it’s been a week already! :’( …. however I haven’t been feeling that well this week and I have a lot of pics to choose from so I’ll be working on it this weekend.

Instead I want to show you some lamps that were in box #4 at my cousin’s! Thought you’d never find out about the mystical box #4 huh? lol..
This is a pic of the lamps that I’ve been using for several years now. I actually think I bought them when my daughter was a baby and she’s almost 20, so I guess they don’t owe me anything!

002
I never really liked how small they looked above that big couch but this is a really tiny house and the wall space you see is what you get, no room for any kind of end table. Say hi to Daisy!

Closeup:
003
They’re not exactly prim are they??

This is what I have now! The lamps are so long I have to re-think what I put above them.. it’s a work in progress.

012 

Here’s a few closeups… notice how scared Daisy is! lol.. poor dog, she was terrified of them!

004 007

Lit up:

008 010
011
I think it looks much better now and the lamps don’t look so lost. The lighting is better as well and I love the pattern that the punched tin leaves on the walls when they’re lit up. What do you think?? Any ideas on what I can put above? I do have my wall hanging from Lex but that’s as far as I’ve gotten.
Have a great weekend!

15 comments:

  1. Love the new lamps! They look like a much better fit than the old ones!
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the new lamps! I hope Daisy starts to love them too.
    ~Aaron~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them lamps!...those are exactly what I am looking for to put in my bedroom!...Don't really have the room for table lamps so a wall lamp will be the best in there...LOVE THEM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys, I looked for years and when I found them I was so excited! Now to decorate around them....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pup looks so darn cozy! You make me laugh, I am just like that finding treasures in boxes that I have not seen in a while! Its like Christmas all over again!
    Happy weekend to you and hope you feel better so you can post your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them too! Really primed it up and I love the design on the walls!

    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the new lamps! they look much cuter on the wall than in the box and I love the patterns they make when they are lit up. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I just love them !!! The design on the walls just looks primtastic.
    Not sure what would look good hanging there......I'll have to think on that......as my lil ol' noggin' isn't workin' that well tonight lol....Hope your having a wonderful weekend =0)
    Prim Huggs n Blessins
    TJ

    ReplyDelete
  9. Daisy is cracking me up! She looks a little scared and confused, poor thing! I hope she gets used to them soon.

    I love the new look! I can't believe how much of the design shows up on the walls! That's really neat. You can see all the details! I love it so far.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your new lamps. What a difference they make in the room.
    AMY

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Hayley, wow I just saw yur post from last week, I am so far behind in everything!

    Ok I LOVE the lamps..what a difference they make..and Daisy looks like she likes them too...

    Hugs xo
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  12. Barb, she's getting used to them I think.. lol.. they're much bigger and not clear glass like the old ones!

    ReplyDelete

Prim it Up! Friends: I love to read your comments.. please feel free to give me your opinions and advice, leave me a link to a related blog, or just say hello ...