Monday, February 22, 2010

I’m baaaaaaaaaack!!!! :D

Hi all!

I came back from Cozumel against my better judgement!! I will do a post this week with some pics.

In the meantime I wanted to share some things with you. As most of you know who read my blog, I have a cousin in Michigan who kindly lets me use her address when I order things online.

Friday (12th), my daughter and I went to my cousin’s as we had a very early morning flight from Detroit airport. I had 4 packages waiting for me and I want to show you the contents of 3 of them.

First is my swap item from the Valentine’s swap that I hosted. Many thanks to Andy from Andy's Primitive Farmhouse for these sweet chenille hearts… love them!! Andy conspired with Lex of NorthwindStar to help her choose something for me.. as I understand it, these were made by Lex… I just want to thank you ladies!!!! I appreciate all your efforts and will put these to good use :D

138

Speaking of my dear friend Lex, I had also placed an order from her Etsy shop.. please check it out, she has some great things, all handmade by her talented self! I ordered her Valentine’s love letter/dove bowl filler set and I just love it! The envelope is fabric and so unique, filled with the lovely glass glitter-covered heart and some Sweet Annie.. and the dove is so sweet.. I just love this set!!

141

In addition to the Valentine’s set, I also ordered this set of 4 “Spice Chicks”.. so fun and cute and much larger than I expected.. lol… so I have to find a spot for them in my kitchen. :D … (I’m thinking of a countertop wooden bench.. what do you all think??). These chicks have cute little cheesecloth kerchiefs as well as labels tied around them with twine and Sweet Annie tucked in. They smell amazing and are just so unique!

139

Along with my Spice Chicks and Valentine’s set, Lex tucked in this adorable little gift for me.. a handmade fabric wall hanging! So, so sweet, I really appreciate this Lex! I know how hard those French knots are so I know how much work this was! Hugggggs!!

140

Now my 3rd package had a whole bunch of sweet little things that I ordered from MT's Whimsey. Marilyn has a lot of really neat things on her site at good prices… check her out.

I ordered a stack of 3 fabric hearts with a crow theme.. the bottom one is black, it’s kind of hard to see in this pic; 5 Sweet Annie covered eggs, I think it’s beeswax that’s covering them; I also got 2 pairs of grubby tapers and a set of old clothespins dipped in wax.. never saw those before so I just had to have them. Cute stuff eh??

142

Well I think that’s it for now, I will be posting some pics of my trip this week. Hope everyone enjoys all this eye candy!!! :D

7 comments:

  1. What great goodies were waiting for you at your cousin's house!! I love crows...so I really like the heart pillows with the crow theme.
    ~Cindy~

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are back, looking forward to seeing your pictures! Are you like me? FROZEN! I'm still having a hard time staying warm after being in sunny Mexico and that was three weeks ago for me.

    How fun to have packages waiting for you when you came home! I love Marilyn's Sweet Annie eggs. I saw them on her site and fell in love with them instantly! She has neat things on her site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this may be a duplicate but wanted to say what I nice surprise to have waiting on you at your cousin's! Can't wait to see the pictures from your trip! :)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! Glad you enjoyed your trip and I can't wait to see pics! Love all your goodies!
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you got some really great prim stuff. Don't you just love the quality of the things Lex makes! I placed an order with her at Christmas time to make gifts for my sisters and everything was so perfectly made.
    Glad you had a nice trip. Good to have you back.
    AMY

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hayley, wow you hit the jackpot..what beautiful things were waiting for you..love the chenille hearts they remind me of milk glass..and those chicks are to die for!
    Glad you had a great trip..your pictures were great, just finished looking at them..
    hugs xoxox
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you had a great time! I love your prim stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Prim it Up! Friends: I love to read your comments.. please feel free to give me your opinions and advice, leave me a link to a related blog, or just say hello ...