Sunday, January 31, 2010

Wishful thinking!!

I was inspired by a Facebook group I joined called “A PLACE FOR US PRIM GALS TO SHOW OFF THE PRIMITIVES IN OUR HOUSE”. There are so many gorgeous prim things in these rooms that I’m overwhelmed! I haven’t uploaded any pics yet, my rooms aren’t nearly as beautifully prim but I’m certainly enjoying the gorgeous pics!

I’ve decided to compile a wish list of things that I want to get someday. I’ve gotten the pictures from the internet; just hoping that I don’t infringe on anyone’s copyright!

antique stove

I hate to cook, but I would LOVE to have one of these antique reproduction stoves like this beautiful white one above.. and here’s another one:

woodburning_cookstove

This one is a wood-burning cookstove.. isn’t this cool??? I think I could figure it out!

One of my long-standing wishes would be to obtain one of these gorgeous antique wooden ice boxes. I have seen a couple in my city at a reasonable price but they weren’t in very good condition. Think I’ll wait until I have the money to buy what I want. This one is gorgeous and has 3 doors, most have 2 and some have 1 door on front and a door on top where the ice was dropped in.

I’ve wanted a “granny door” or wooden screen door for years! I have the hinges but haven’t gotten the door. Here’s a picture of one that’s being used as a pantry door.. clever idea! Other options: laundry room or linen closet, just back the door with homespun and you’ll hide the “stuff” behind the door. Of course, you can just use it on the front of your house as it was originally intended :D

I also love pie safes with punched tin panels like this one. I like the simplicity of the 2 doors and the little drawer at the bottom.

What collection would be complete without a dry sink? I really love this one, maybe in a different colour!

Now a wet one! This would look great with a skirt of homespun! Now where would the dishwasher go???

sotc-farmhouse-drainboard-sink-p0814[1]

There are so many wonderful antiques that I’d love to own some day. I don’t like to cook but I would love to have a great big kitchen to decorate. My dream is an “unfit” kitchen like they had before built-in cupboards were standard, more like a big old farmhouse kitchen (think The Waltons kitchen!). Of course, I’m not Olivia Walton so I would need my microwave (oh wait, it died last week .. wahhhhhhh… send flowers please! ;) .. a dishwasher, toaster, blender, fridge etc..

Now on to my non-furniture wish list!!

Brown Tahitian pearls.. oh my!!

Which I could just pick up myself in Tahiti! I KNOW!! Breathtaking isn’t it??? Remember everyone, this is still my wish list! :( Can you just imagine waking up to this? Gorgeous!

Ok, one more just to keep the torment going.. hahaha..

Well now that I’m depressed.. LOL.. have a great day all :D

10 comments:

  1. i joined that Facebook group too and i LOVE it!

    PS: thanks for now adding to MY wishlist--lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what fabulous pictures! I love your wish list... can I have one of each too? The screen door pic is absolutely LOVELY!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies!! My wish list is MUCH longer than this.. but you can only dream so much :D .. Andy, I knew you'd love the screen door.. now you can see what I had in mind when we were chatting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the tihiti pictures! I would love to wake up above the beautiful ocean!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog and fast became a follower. I am in the cottage market, but love the prims the best. So homey and full of history. I too would love the screen door, but I would also like the squeeks that go along with it, love that, takes me back to another time, Char

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always showcase the greatest stuff! That oven is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone!! I just realized some of the pictures are a bit blurry.. arrrgh.. they were fine on Live Writer! lol... what are you all wishing for (aside from Tahiti Heather.. I totally understand that! I could live in one of those over-water bungalows!)?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok Hayley, I am ready for Tahiti!

    hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Barb, I totally agree!! That definitely has to go on the "bucket" list, as a trip of a lifetime.. it would be VERY expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! How neat! I will just copy your wish list. Shoot, I'd be happy with one thing on that list. Lol!

    I love how they used the wood screen door for a pantry door. I would love to find one to use for my laundry room which is off the kitchen. How neat that would be. Okay, one more thing to add to my wish list. I think that's the real reason my hubby isn't too fond of my blogging... my project list is ever-growing and so is my wish list. =] Oh well, a girl can dream, right?

    ReplyDelete

Prim it Up! Friends: I love to read your comments.. please feel free to give me your opinions and advice, leave me a link to a related blog, or just say hello ...