Thursday, January 7, 2010

It's my SWAP and I'll cry if I want to!!!! Please read!!!

Hi all

So the fun of having a blog is being able to do what you want.. so I'm exercising my rights to make some changes to my prim Valentine's Day swap. My reasons are based on some very valid concerns about shipping across the border. I would prefer to alter the swap than have anyone miss out on participating. So far I think I'm the only Canadian in the swap but I do have a U.S. address that I can use thanks to my cousin, so I think that will help if no other Canadians participate. So I want to encourage everyone to sign up who was hesitating before!!!

Here we go!

1) First thing.. you will "swap" with someone in your own country so you are not required to ship anything across the border. If you are Canadian and have a U.S. address that you can use, please submit that address to me if you wish. If you prefer, you can use your Canadian address. I am participating so I will use whichever address works based on the number of participants.

2) I have changed the definition of "swap". Instead of 2 people trading with each other, I'm doing a "Secret Valentine" sort of swap now. I'm making a list and will go down one by one and pull a name to go with that person. Therefore, the person you send your Valentine item to will not be sending their Valentine item to you; instead of a swap partner, you will be giver and recipient :D. This will help keep everything a surprise.. what do you think??

All other rules will remain the same. Please go to the original post here:
http://hayley-primitup.blogspot.com/2010/01/lets-do-swap.html to see the rest of the rules.

PLEASE REMEMBER THIS IS A PRIM SWAP OF A TEXTILE ITEM.. THIS ITEM CAN BE ANY TEXTILE/FABRIC ITEM OF YOUR CHOICE BUT MUST BE PRIM AND MUST HAVE A VALENTINE'S THEME!!

You'll get your recipient's name by email by Jan. 17!

So I hope everyone is clear on the rules, sorry about the changes but I think it will work out well!

6 comments:

  1. I think this will be very cool! I am anxious to participate. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds very awesome. I'd love to, but I don't know what a Prim textile is. If you explain to me what I need to do, I can participate. Hope you are having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I learned about prim by googling and then reading these blogs.. there are a lot that I follow that have pics.. the fabric we use tends to be muslin and homespun (JoAnn's carries both), and we tend to coffee- or tea-stain for an aged look, and use spices to grungy it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well what better swap to join in for my first one ever...YOURS! :) Count me in sweetness. Sounds simply mahhhhvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome Lex!! Someone is going to be sooooo lucky!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Prim it Up! Friends: I love to read your comments.. please feel free to give me your opinions and advice, leave me a link to a related blog, or just say hello ...