Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Almost Christmas…

Hi All..

I know I’ve been slacking on my blog posts.. what can I say? As with all of you, time is racing away from me!

Here’s a sweet pic of Daisy sitting under the tree.. isn’t she adorable?!?

001

Proof that I can cook (some things anyway!). My daughter is going away for a few days early on Christmas day so I thought I’d cook a turkey this past Sunday.. doesn’t it look great? It’s also cooked all the way through! I took a pic of it to prove that it’s cooked. :D

005

We had a very basic dinner, just a turkey, crock pot stuffing and sweet potatoes.. here’s a pic of my plate, I wasn’t hungry by this time so I only ate about half!

007

Simple decorations on my front porch.. white chair I got for $1 at a yard sale this summer, topped with an enamel bowl, filled with greens trimmed from the Christmas tree and some twig balls; an enamel pitcher with greens and some rough-cut ornies.. and a birdhouse on top of my old milk can. Simple but kind of rustic too. To date we’ve had barely any snow and that’s okay with me!

009

Sorry it’s a short post.. I baked over 11 dozen cookies Saturday night and brought in 8 doz. to work.. brought home the rest today (3!). Had to leave work early yesterday, not feeling well, went to the doctor, some kind of ear infection so wasn’t up to posting.. lol.. oh the excuses are just rolling in now!

Merry Christmas all!

10 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful Christmas!
    Love your outside display!
    Best wishes,Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time is getting away from me here also! Hopefully things will slow down a little in 2010.

    Hope you feel better soon...

    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Christine and Debbie! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, thanks for stopping by-love your Christmas decor and crafts. Looking forward to following your blog! Merry Christmas
    Shazy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Hayley,

    Daisy is looking for her Christmas gift :))) She's just too cute!

    Your turkey looks really good. Can't wait for tomorrow to have our big turkey diner...YUMMY!

    We will be off soon to attend mass, for Tab is singing and then we are off to the In-Laws for some homemade chicken stew and family fun.

    Merry Christmas to you and your daughter :)

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Shazy.. me too!!

    Sandy, sounds like a nice night.. we're doing Christmas morning tonight.. just a quiet night in I think.. then off in the morning to drop Justice off..

    Merry Christmas to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Hayley! Merry Christmas to you and your daughter..hope you are feeling better..
    Your home looks lovely and hi to Daisy!
    Have a wonderful RESTFUL day!
    hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank-you Barb and Merry Christmas to you!! Wishing you and Carl good health in 2010!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Daisy is adorable under that tree! I had a daisy girl once too, she was a chow mix. Very sweet dog, I miss her!

    Love your porch decorations. The greens really bring out the season in this picture. Love the whole ensemble!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Angie!! I really love Daisy, she is such a sweet little girl, such an expressive face too (up-close :). I haven't taken any of the porch decorations down, they've been covered in a layer of snow.. but I'll probably leave it even when it's melted, at least until spring!

    ReplyDelete

Prim it Up! Friends: I love to read your comments.. please feel free to give me your opinions and advice, leave me a link to a related blog, or just say hello ...