Saturday, November 21, 2009

Another recipe!!! Easy Apple Crisp

My niece wanted a recipe for apple crisp. Having two small and freakin' adorable children, I knew she'd need something easy so I emailed her the following recipe. I've made this so many times, it always turns out amazingly well and tastes great! When our exchange student from Italy lived with us, we made this and she loved it. She asked for the recipe to take back home with her but they use only metric so I ended up buying her measuring cups and spoons... which she forgot! LOL... my daughter brought them with her for her half of the exchange and the people in Italy were finally able to enjoy this fabulous dessert!

So, without further ado, here it is! Please enjoy!! (sorry no pic)

Apple Crisp

5 or 6 medium apples
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/3 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup flour

Peel and slice apples, layer in a buttered casserole dish; pour water over, then sprinkle cinnamon and nutmeg. In separate bowl, mix butter, brown sugar and flour. Tip: use a fork to mix it into a crumbly texture, then pour mixture over top of apples.

Bake at 350 for approximately 45 minutes, uncovered.

Yummmmmmmo!

4 comments:

  1. I love easy recipes! When the weather is cooler I'm gonna try this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! I'm back to being able to visit you and leave you a heart smile my friend!!
    Thank you for stopping by and leaving me wise advice..."deal with it" LOL <---really did LOL
    Yummmmmmy...am going to have to make your Apple Crisp recipe as I love love love Apply crisp. Still have my metric measuring cups I had to purchase while living in Canada too! Sure wish you could hop the border to Corn Field County and enjoy it with me!!
    hugs my friend :)
    Lex

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............and I'm all about easy ! Im gonna have to try this recipe out ! TFS
    Prim Huggs n Blessins
    TJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments!! LOL.. Jazy, we just can't relate up here in Nov in Canada! Although it's not too cold right now..fingers crossed it stays that way!

    Lex.. glad to see you my friend :) You know, I wouldn't know a milligram from an ounce if it hit me! I can't follow measurements in metric, I barely have Imperial figured out, we switched when I was in about grade 7.. it was tough!!

    Willow.. enjoy! Let me know how you like it :)

    ReplyDelete

Prim it Up! Friends: I love to read your comments.. please feel free to give me your opinions and advice, leave me a link to a related blog, or just say hello ...